Solar Power Solution for Oman
Client Background and Motivation
Petroleum Development Oman (PDO) is the leading exploration and production company in the Sultanate of Oman. They deliver the majority of the country's crude oil production and natural gas supply, but above all, they focus on delivering excellence, growth and sustainable value creation and well beyond their industry.
Since PDO has been a leader in the introduction of advanced production technologies, Enhanced Oil Recovery, Digital Oil Field and the like, they require a reliable source of power for their wellheads.
Our solution consists of Agile DUO / TRIO Power Modules that are designed for fast system installation and minimal maintenance required in remote areas. The modular system enables granular scalability of power output for particular equipment such as Wimax communication, SCADA systems, Remote Terminal Units and valve control. First class components and robust design guarantee safe and reliable operation in extreme climate conditions. The AGL Predictive Solar Monitoring TM system provides near-real-time centralized information about the system state which further contributes to the smooth operation of the system, minimizing the risk of blackout and reducing the need for reactive maintenance.
- System voltage 24 and 48V DC
- Output Power 30W to 1600W
- System autonomy 72 hours
- 2700 Solar Systems
- Most of the systems provide power for wellhead infrastructure
- Technology loads include RTU, SCADA cathodic protection
- Rapid rollout through the FastForward TM method
- Reliable operation thanks to robust design
- No preventive maintenance required, predictive maintenance instead
- Minimum operating costs
- Modular design for easy extension (power output, battery capacity)
PROJECT FACTS & FIGURES
Contract signed in 2010, major rollout in 2011-2014, systems extensions ongoing
No single blackout over the last 8 years
Covering all 9 PDO concession areas
2700 systems in operation
[widget] wGallery = 0